Hevla Dark Roast Low Acid Coffee
Hevla Acid-Free Dark Roast Coffee
Hevla Coffee introduces our strongest, most natural coffee alternative yet– our low-acid dark roast. Kick-start your morning a cup of coffee made with hand roasted, 100% Arabica beans.
This roast contains natural antioxidants and is naturally caffeine-free. The bold, complex taste is created from a satisfying blend that is intended to fill you with all-natural energy for an active day. It holds hints of citrus laced with the scent of fresh picked blueberries and chicory. The pleasant, aromatic scent is a perfect to either jump-start your morning or wind-down your evening.
It is our mission to keep you healthy. Find your positive alkaline balance with this acid-free dark-roast.
Place your order now!
12 oz. will make about 35-40 cups (*about 2 weeks worth)
5 lbs. will make about 240 cups (*about 3 months worth)
*estimates are based on 2-3 cups of coffee per day.
How to prepare:
Traditional Coffee Maker:
- We recommend using 1-2 tablespoons of ground coffee per 6oz. cup of coffee.
- Fill your coffee maker with the appropriate amount of water.
- Follow the brew instructions for your particular device.
- Determine how much coffee you are going to make prior, we recommend using the above-mentioned ratio (1-2 tablespoons per 6oz. cup of coffee).
- Fill with the appropriate amount of water, ensuring the temperature is between 195 degrees and 205 degrees.
- Times vary depending on taste. The range is typically between 3 minutes and 30 seconds to 4 minutes and 30 seconds.
- Press the plunger all the way down to the bottom of the French press.
- Pour your coffee into your mugs right away.
- Use the golden ratio for coffee: 1-2 tablespoons per 6oz. cup of water.
- Pour the correct ratio of water and coffee into a carafe, French press, or a large bowl.
- Cover the top of the container, and let it sit overnight in the refrigerator plus about 4 hours (12 hours total).
Drink Ideas for the Dark Roast:
The acid-free dark roast is great on its own, or as an ingredient in your favorite coffee-based recipe.
We recommend the following concoctions:
- Iced coffee
- Thai iced coffee
- Frozen s’mores mocha coffee
- Caramel coffee (using our caramel syrup!)
- Mocha maple coffee
- Irish coffee (use your favorite whiskey!)
If you have any additional suggestions please feel free to let us know!
Dark roast coffee packs a huge flavor punch!
Try it out with the following techniques:
- Freeze it to make ice cubes for your iced coffee.
- Use the coffee grounds as a rub for your favorite steak.
- Sprinkle the coffee grounds over ice cream.
- Combine it with chocolate in any recipe.
- For a great daytime snack, dip the beans in chocolate.
The low-acid feature of the Dark Roast coffee bean is sourcing process. While the beans are in the green state, they go through a purification process, eliminating the acidity and caffeine within the coffee. After, the beans are then transported to Texas, where they go through the roasting process.
After each order is placed, the finished product is then bagged and stored to ensure freshness.
Order yours today!
NOTE: The coffee bag(s) we package your Hevla Coffee in is ok for short-term storage, but if you need to extend the freshness for more than a week, we strongly recommend our airtight storage bags with de-gassing valve (available in Coffee Accessories).
This product is caffeine free, gluten free, certified Kosher, FDA Approved, and non-organic. Fair Trade information is unavailable.
K-Cups for this product are currently unavailable.