Hevla Chocolate Cinnamon Low Acid Coffee
Hevla Low-Acid Chocolate Cinnamon Blend Coffee
Humans have used cinnamon, which is the dried bark of the laurel tree, for thousands of years. This powerful spice lives in countries across the world, including: Egypt, Rome, and China.
Native to Sri Lanka, cinnamon can be produced from many species of laurel. The “real” cinnamon of old comes from the Zeylanicum tree, but most modern cinnamon comes from the Cassia tree.
We have cleverly joined this age-old commodity with the complexity of a simply addicting medium to dark bodied coffee and a brilliant coating of milk chocolate.
Order your next adventure-in-a-cup today.
Cinnamon Chocolate Roast Size Information:
12 oz. will make about 35-40 cups (*about 2 weeks worth)
5 lbs. will make about 240 cups (*about 3 months worth)
*estimates are based on 2-3 cups of coffee per day.
How to prepare:
Traditional Coffee Maker:
- We recommend using 1-2 tablespoons of ground coffee per 6oz. cup of coffee.
- Fill your coffee maker with the appropriate amount of water.
- Follow the brew instructions for your particular device.
- Determine how much coffee you are going to make prior, we recommend using the above-mentioned ratio (1-2 tablespoons per 6oz. cup of coffee).
- Fill with the appropriate amount of water, ensuring the temperature is between 195 degrees and 205 degrees.
- Times vary depending on taste. The range is typically between 3 minutes and 30 seconds to 4 minutes and 30 seconds.
- Press the plunger all the way down to the bottom of the French press.
- Pour your coffee into your mugs right away.
- Use the golden ratio for coffee: 1-2 tablespoons per 6oz. cup of water.
- Pour the correct ratio of water and coffee into a carafe, French press, or a large bowl.
- Cover the top of the container, and let it sit overnight in the refrigerator plus about 4 hours (12 hours total).
Drink Ideas for the Cinnamon Chocolate Roast:
The acid-free Cinnamon Chocolate roast is great on its own or as an ingredient in your favorite coffee-based drink recipe.
We recommend the following concoctions:
- Iced coffee
- Coffee paired with cinnamon creamer
- Frozen s’mores mocha coffee
- Caramel coffee (using our caramel syrup!)
- Mocha maple coffee
- Irish coffee (use your favorite whiskey!)
If you have any additional suggestions please feel free to let us know!
The acid-free Cinnamon Chocolate roast packs a huge flavor punch!
Try it out with the following techniques:
- Freeze it to make ice cubes for your iced coffee.
- Use the coffee grounds as an ingredient in a coffee cake (don’t forget the apple!).
- Use grounds as an ingredient in your next batch of sugar cookies.
- Combine it with chocolate in any recipe.
- Freeze your iced coffee with creamer to make Cinnamon Chocolate coffee popsicles.
- For a great daytime snack, dip the Cinnamon Chocolate roast beans in chocolate.
The acid-free feature of the Cinnamon Chocolate coffee bean is sourcing process. While the beans are in the green state, they go through a purification process, eliminating the acidity and caffeine within the coffee. After, the beans are then transported to Texas, where they go through the roasting process.
After each order is placed, the finished product is then bagged and stored to ensure freshness.
Order yours today!
NOTE: The coffee bag(s) we package your Hevla Coffee in is ok for short-term storage, but if you need to extend the freshness for more than a week, we strongly recommend our airtight storage bags with de-gassing valve (available in Coffee Accessories).
This product is caffeine free, gluten free, certified Kosher, FDA Approved, and non-organic. Fair Trade information is unavailable.
K-Cups for this product are currently unavailable.